Full Decision Download
This matter came before a panel of the Discipline Committee of the College of Optometrists of Ontario this 10th day January 2020, in Toronto, Ontario, at 9:30 am at 65 St. Clair Ave. E.
THE DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE FINDS that Dr. Zoberi is guilty of professional misconduct contrary to paragraphs 14, 16, 24, and 39 of section 1 of Regulation 119/94 to the Optometry Act, 1991.
THE DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE ORDERS Dr. Zoberi shall attend in person before the Panel of the Discipline Committee to receive a public, verbal reprimand, a copy of which shall be published on the College Register;
THE DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE DIRECTS that the Registrar shall place the following terms, conditions and limitations on Dr. Zoberi’s certificate of registration:
- Zoberi’s certificate of registration shall be suspended for a period of sixty (60) days uninterrupted, commencing on January 20, 2020;
- (Zoberi shall, at his own expense, successfully complete with an unconditional pass the PROBE Program on professional/problem-based ethics offered in Ontario and the ProBe Plus follow-up module, within two (2) years of the date of this Order;
- ( Zoberi shall submit, during or in relation to any period of suspension that may arise in the five-year period following the date of this Order, to such investigative measures as the Registrar deems necessary and appropriate to confirm that he is not practicing while under suspension, including but not limited to inquiries, chart reviews, interviews, attendances and investigative techniques.
THE DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE ORDERS Dr. Zoberi to pay costs to the College in the amount of $10,000. Payment shall be made in the following manner on January 10, 2020:
- one (1) cheque dated January 10, 2020 in the amount of $2,000; and
- four (4) post-dated cheques, provided to the College on January 10, 2020, each in the amount of $2,000 and dated February 10, 2020, March 10, 2020, April 10, 2020 and May 10, 2020.
At the conclusion of the hearing, Dr. Zoberi waived his right to appeal and the Discipline Committee delivered the reprimand.