The College provides an online Jurisprudence seminar and exam that allows registered candidates to participate remotely in North America throughout the year. Completing the online seminar and exam is mandatory for all registered applicants and must be successfully completed within 12 months of your application being received by the College.
Please see Upcoming Events & Important Dates for a comprehensive list of all Jurisprudence administered dates and deadline dates.
The College is currently only accepting applications electronically. To register, visit How to Apply. Applicants who meet the application requirements will receive notification by email of their eligibility to write the exam.
The College provides an online Jurisprudence seminar that allows registered candidates to participate remotely throughout the year. Please note that all applicants must complete the online seminar prior to participating in the jurisprudence exam. Completing the online seminar is mandatory for all registered applicants. If you have not completed the online seminar by the completion deadline date, you will not be permitted to participate in the remote Jurisprudence Exam.
How to Access the Seminar
- Log in to the seminar through your online application portal, or
- Use the seminar username and password that were issued to you by the College.
The Jurisprudence Exam is only being offered online.
Those registered to write the Jurisprudence Exam have three days to complete the exam, which must be written in a single sitting.
Further information will be provided to you individually via email within 2-3 weeks prior to the Online Jurisprudence Practice Exam.
February Exam: February 8, 9, 10 – Deadline to Register: Monday January 16, 2023
April Exam: April 12, 13, 14 – Deadline to Register: Monday, March 20, 2023
May Exam: May 10, 11, 12 – Deadline to Register: Monday, April 17, 2023
July Exam: July 12, 13, 14 – Deadline to Register: Monday, June 19, 2023
August Exam: August 23, 24, 25 – Deadline to Register: Monday, July 31, 2023
October Exam: October 25, 26, 27 – Deadline to Register: Monday, October 2, 2023
Jurisprudence key dates are located here in Upcoming Events & Important Dates.
ONTARIO OPTOMETRIC JURISPRUDENCE BINDER
- The Ontario Optometric Jurisprudence Resource Binder will be accessible throughout the seminar and exam.
- Applicants may wish to use the study questions to assist them in preparing for the Jurisprudence Exam.
- Please note that applicants are also expected to be familiar with the Policies and Guidelines in Section 4 of the Ontario Optometric Jurisprudence Resource Binder, as well as the documents in the Optometric Practice Reference
- The PDF resource material binder is available for download here:
Changes to Contact Information
If you have legally changed your name while you are an applicant, you must notify the College immediately via email and submit proof of a notarized document of your name change or marriage license. If your contact information (email address, telephone number, home address, etc.) has changed, you must also notify the College. The College communicates information on the exam via email. Please report these changes by sending an email to Registration.