The College provides an online Jurisprudence seminar and exam that allows registered candidates to participate remotely throughout the year. Completing the online seminar is mandatory for all registered applicants and must be successfully completed within 12 months of your application being received by the College.
Please see Upcoming Events & Important Dates for a comprehensive list of all Jurisprudence dates.
The College provides an online Jurisprudence seminar that allows registered candidates to participate remotely throughout the year. Please note that all applicants must complete the online seminar prior to participating in the jurisprudence exam. Completing the online seminar is mandatory for all registered applicants. The seminar username, password and deadline completion date will be issued to you by the College. If you have not completed the online seminar, you will not be permitted to participate in the remote Jurisprudence Exam.
Dates for upcoming Jurisprudence seminars are listed in Upcoming Events & Important Dates.
The Jurisprudence Exam is only being offered online. The College is currently only accepting applications electronically. To register, email email@example.com to receive a secure link to apply. Once you have registered for the online exam, additional information will be provided via email within 2-3 weeks prior to the Online Jurisprudence Practice Exam.
Register by the deadline to avoid a penalty fee. Registration is accepted for a period following the deadline with a late fee of $118.65.
Upcoming Online Jurisprudence Exam Dates for 2022
- February 23-25 – Register by Jan. 14. Registration deadline with late fee: Jan. 19. Closed.
- April 27-29 – Register by Mar. 18. Registration deadline with late fee: Mar. 23. Closed.
- June 22-24 – Register by May 13. Registration deadline with late fee: May 18. Closed.
- Aug. 24-26 – Register by July 15. Registration deadline with late fee: July 20.
- Sept. 28-30 – Register by Aug. 12. Registration deadline with late fee: Aug. 17.
- Nov. 9-11 – Register by Sept. 30. Registration deadline with late fee: Oct. 5.
See the dates of upcoming Jurisprudence Exams in a different format in Upcoming Events & Important Dates.
ONTARIO OPTOMETRIC JURISPRUDENCE BINDER
- Applicants may wish to use the study questions to assist them in preparing for the Jurisprudence Exam.
- Please note that applicants are also expected to be familiar with the Policies and Guidelines in Section 4 of the Ontario Optometric Jurisprudence Resource Binder, as well as the documents in the Optometric Practice Reference
- The PDF resource material binder is available for download here: