COVID-19 is a coronavirus that causes respiratory illness. Those who are infected may present with mild to severe symptoms that include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. As we all continue to navigate through the pandemic and changes to public health guidelines, the Clinical Practice Panel will be transitioning the COO Return to Work Document to an Infection Control and Prevention Resource Page in the coming months. Members are encouraged to reach out to their local public health units or the COO Practice Advisors about changes to public health guidelines in a healthcare setting
What you can do:
- Follow good hand hygiene.
- Stay home and self-isolate when sick.
- Practice physical distancing: keep 2 metres distance between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
- Contact a self-assessment centre if you think you’ve been exposed.
Get vaccinated against COVID-19.
COVID-19 Email Updates from the College
- June 14, 2022 – COVID-19 Guidance Updates
- June 9, 2022 – Most Masking Requirements to be Lifted
- April 25, 2022 – Masking Requirements to be Continued in Healthcare Facilities
- March 18, 2021 – Masks in Healthcare Facilities
- March 3, 2022 – Public Health Protocol Update
- Oct. 1, 2021 – Updated COVID-19 Guidance
- Aug. 18, 2021 – Addendum to the updated COVID-19 FAQ from Aug. 16
- April 23, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: Enhanced Scope of Practice and Staff Redeployment
- March 9, 2021 – COVID-19 Vaccination Update
COVID-19 Resources for Health Care Providers
- Ministry of Health website for health care providers
- Public Health Ontario PPE resources:
- Putting on and removing PPE instruction sheet
- Posters How to put on PPE and How to remove PPE
- Video Putting on One-Piece Facial Protection
- Video Taking off One-Piece Facial Protection
- Video Putting on Mask and Eye Protection
- Self-assessment tool – if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, use this self-assessment tool to determine if you should seek further care.
- Resources on how to wear a mask, self-isolate, self-monitor, and clean and disinfect public spaces.